We believe that moving forward means that we need to assess where we are right now. Currently these are the programs, demonstrations, and community events that we participate in:
- Dolly Parton's Imagination Library (DPIL) - this is a book gifting program for children from birth to age 5. You can visit imaginationlibrary.com to sign your children up!
- EEK (Electrical Education for Kids) - we work with the local elementary schools to provide electrical education to the 1st grade level and we offer bucket truck rides to make the experience as memorable as possible.
- EVs - we are working on a more comprehensive program to teach our members about electric vehicles so that they can make informed decisions that work for them.
- Operation Round Up
- Intern Program - we offer internships for current seniors in high school in several of our departments at Jay County REMC. If you are interested in an internship please call us at 260-726-7121 for questions.
- Camp Kilowatt - each year we send a few lucky campers to Camp Kilowatt to learn about electricity and have a summer of fun!
- Youth Tour - each year we sponsor one student to go on the trip of a lifetime to Washington D.C.
- 4-H workshop - each year we host a 4-H workshop for students completing Division I, II, and III electrical projects.
- Co-op Month - October is co-op month around the country. This is a time when we will have a special drawing and swag available in our lobby all month.
- Hot line demo - a demonstration put on by our linemen that shows the extreme danger associated with a hot power line
- Pole climbing demonstration - we provided a pole climbing and security light change out demonstration at the 2022 Jay County Fair. This is something we can do more of if there is a desire in the community to see these kinds of demonstrations.
- Jay County Fair
- Community Parades
- Brainstormers & Explorers at the Jay County Public Library
- Dunkirk Farmers Market - We hosted a Dolly Parton's Imagination Library table
- Jay County Career Fair - we are partnered with the Purdue Extension, IU Jay, Farm Bureau, the Jay County Chamber of Commerce, JCPL, Jay County Development Corp, and JCCA for our first annual Jay County Career Fair this year. This event will be held at the high school and will target 8th graders to teach them about vocations in the area.
- Stem program - we have participated in the STEM program run by the Purdue extension hosted at the Jay County Public Library
- Annual Meeting - every year we hold an annual meeting for our members allowing them time to meet their directors and new candidates, enjoy a business expo, as well as entertainment, and voting for their new directors.
- JCPL displays - we enjoy participating in the Jay County Public Library display cases. Last year we had electrical safety, DPIL, and PPE displays throughout the year.
- HoliJay Lights
What are we missing?
What else can Jay County REMC be a part of? Do you know of programs, events, or demonstrations that you would like us to be a part of? We want your ideas!
If you have ideas of community involvement for us please email us at email@example.com